- External power source supported but not required
- Compact size
- Converts RS-422, and both 2-wire and 4-wire RS-485
- RS-485 automatic data direction control
- Automatic baudrate detection
- Built-in 120-ohm termination resistors
- 2.5 kV isolation (for TCC-80I only)
- LED port power indicator
The TCC-80/80I media converters provide complete signal conversion between RS-232 and RS-422/485, without requiring an external power source. The converters support both half-duplex 2-wire RS-485 and full-duplex 4-wire RS-422/485, either of which can be converted between RS-232’s TxD and RxD lines.
Automatic data direction control is provided for RS-485. In this case, the RS-485 driver is enabled automatically when the circuitry senses the TxD output from the RS-232 signal. This means that no programming effort is required to control the transmission direction of the RS-485 signal.