- 2-in-1 AP controller and mobile IP home agent
- Millisecond-level controller-based Turbo Roaming
- IEEE 802.11i-compliant wireless security
- Layer-3 mobile IP technology
- Scalable tunneling capacity
The goal of zero-latency roaming is to allow clients to seamlessly maintain their connection as they move from one access point to another. Moxa's WAC-2004A Industrial Wireless Access Controller features Controller-based Turbo Roaming technology to enable millisecond-level roaming across different IP subnets. The advanced roaming algorithm along with Mobile IP technology allows wireless clients to roam between APs in different IP subnets within milliseconds, while upholding stringent security in extremely demanding environments. The rugged WAC-2004A is capable of operating at temperatures of 0 to 50°C and is suitable for on-site installation in harsh industrial environments.