- LCD panel for easy IP address configuration (standard temp. models)
- Secure operation modes for Real COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, Pair Connection, Terminal, and Reverse Terminal
- Nonstandard baudrates supported with high precision
- Port buffers for storing serial data when the Ethernet is offline
- Supports IPv6
- Ethernet redundancy (STP/RSTP/Turbo Ring) with network module
- Generic serial commands supported in Command-by-Command mode
- Security features based on IEC 62443
Moxa NPort 6610-8 is a terminal server that uses the SSL and SSH protocols to transmit encrypted serial data over Ethernet. Up to 8 RS-232 serial devices of any type can be connected to the NPort 6610-8, using the same IP address. The Ethernet port can be configured for a normal or secure TCP/IP connection. The NPort® 6610-8 secure device servers are the right choice for applications that use large numbers of serial devices packed into a small space. Security breaches are intolerable and the NPort® 6610-8 Series ensures data transmission integrity with support for DES, 3DES, and AES encryption algorithms. RS-232 Serial devices can be connected to the NPort 6610-8.
No Data Loss If Ethernet Connection Fails
NPort® 6610-8 is a reliable device server that provides users with secure serial-to-Ethernet data transmission and a customer-oriented hardware design. If the Ethernet connection fails, the NPort® 6610-8 will queue all serial data in its internal 64 KB port buffer. When the Ethernet connection is re-established, the NPort® 6610-8 will immediately release all data in the buffer in the order that it was received. Users can increase the port buffer size by installing an SD card.
LCD Panel Makes Configuration Easy
NPort® 6610-8 features a built-in LCD panel for configuration. The panel displays the server name, serial number, and IP address, and any of the device server’s configuration parameters, such as IP address, netmask, and gateway address, can be updated easily and quickly.
Note: The LCD panel is only available with standard-temperature models.