Remote Management of Scattered Facilities
Manufacturers with facilities scattered across multiple locations require expansive networks to sustain operational effectiveness and efficiency. To manage such large and disperse networks, having a complete view of the network from a central location is essential for remotely managing operations at each site.
Manufacturers with facilities scattered across multiple locations require expansive networks to sustain operational effectiveness and efficiency.
To manage such large and disperse networks, having a complete view of the network from a central location is essential for remotely managing operations at each site. This allows engineers at the headquarters to view live data from any remote site and take the appropriate action, or call in the help of third party support services if needed.
However, setting up VPN connections to allow remote access requires extensive IT knowledge, something many automation engineers are not familiar with. These remote connections also need to be secure and protect the network against unauthorized access, data theft, leaks, and other cyber threats, which is also challenging for operators to set up without any assistance.
• A remote and secure centralized network management solution to ensure network
• Easy-to-use remote access without time consuming setup processes or the need for
extensive IT knowledge
• The ability to allow engineers at the headquarters to remotely fetch network status data from any site and collaborate with third party service providers when needed.
With Moxa’s MXview network management software, engineers can manage all selected network components via a web browser. The MXview instances installed at
the scattered remote sites monitor the local network and send data back to the MXview at the HQ control center using Moxa Remote Connect (MRC).
MRC is a cloudbased secure remote access solution with enhanced cybersecurity features to protect network data. If any incident occurs, engineers at the headquarters can
remotely access the on-site network device via MRC’s secure VPN connection. Moreover, MRC allows third party service providers to access the network temporarily to assist HQ engineers with troubleshooting.
Why Moxa MRC and MXview
• An easy-to-use remote network management solution that doesn’t require in-depth VPN knowledge or a public IP
• Remotely manage and monitor your network through a centralized dashboard and real-time topology
• Simplify third party collaboration and streamline troubleshooting