Features and Benefits
- Supports Modbus master/slave and DNP3 master/outstation
- Up to 31 Modbus serial slaves or DNP3 serial outstations
- Up to 32 Modbus TCP slaves or DNP3 TCP/UDP outstations
- Supports DNP 3.0 subset level 2
- DNP3 master mode supports up to 26600 points
- DNP3 master and outstation modes support time-synchronization
- Complete diagnosis information for maintenance
- Embedded Modbus and DNP3 serial traffic monitor
- Redundant dual DC power inputs and relay output
- microSD card for configuration backup and system log
- Wide operating temperature models -40 to 75C available
- Serial port with 2 kV built-in isolation protection
- Built-in Ethernet cascading for easy wiring
Moxa MGate 5109 is an industrial Ethernet gateway for Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP and DNP3 serial/TCP/UDP protocol conversion. All models feature built-in serial isolation with rugged IP30 metal housing. MGate 5109 supports transparent mode for easy integration of Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII networks or DNP3 TCP/UDP to DNP3 serial networks.
MGate 5109 gateways supports Modbus and DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting. This is useful during the installation stage were communication issues could be caused by
incorrect software parameters (eg. slave ID and register address).
Moxa MGate 5109 supports agent mode to exchange data between Modbus and DNP3 networks or to act as a data concentrator for multiple Modbus slaves or multiple DNP3 outstations. TNS recommends Moxa MGate 5109 for applications such as power, oil & gas and wastewater treatment.