Ethernet/IP Gateway Mgate 5135
- Protocol conversion between Modbus and EtherNet/IP
- Supports EtherNet/IP adapter
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP client
- Flexible deployment with Ethernet cascading and dual subnet
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- Easy device configuration via a web-based console
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication
- Supports dual redundant DC power inputs and 1 relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Developed according to IEC 62443-4-2 with Secure Boot
Moxa MGate 5135 gateway converts Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP and EtherNet/IP network communications. To integrate existing Modbus devices onto an EtherNet/IP network, use the MGate 5135 gateway as a Modbus client to collect data and exchange data with the EtherNet/IP host. All models are protected by a rugged and compact metal housing, are DIN-rail mountable, and offer built-in serial isolation. The rugged design is suitable for industrial applications such as factory automation, power, oil and gas, water and wastewater, and other process automation industries.
1) Easy Configuration
MGate 5135 gateways includes a web console to make configuration easy without having to install an extra utility. HTTPS encryption of communication ensures higher network security. In most data-acquisition applications, configuration of devices with Modbus commands can be time-consuming and increase costs. Moxa MGate 5135 gateways allows offline configuration via a CSV file . Moxa Mgate 5135 includes software-configurable pull high/low and termination resistor settings for RS-485 2-wire.
2) Troubleshooting Simplified
Moxa MGate 5135 gateways provide a variety of maintenance functions to reduce troubleshooting time and cost, including LED indicators, protocol diagnostics, traffic monitor, and tag view. These tools help users quickly capture and check data to easily identify the root cause of issues, especially during the installation stage. Moxa MGate gateways also incorporates status monitoring and fault protection functions. The status monitoring function notifies the PLC/DCS/SCADA system when a Modbus device is disconnected or unresponsive. The PLC/DCS gets the status of each end device and issues alarms to notify operators. The fault protection function executes actions pre-defined by user when a host is disconnected to prevent the end devices from going offline for long periods of time.