Device Server NPort 5150A (Pre-order)
1-port low power RS232/RS422/RS485 Serial to Ethernet Device Server with surge protection
- Only 1 W power consumption
- Speedy 3-step web-based configuration
- Surge protection for serial, Ethernet, and power lines
- COM port grouping and UDP multicast applications
- Screw connectors for secure installation
- Real COM/TTY drivers for Windows and Linux
- Standard TCP/IP interface and versatile TCP and UDP operation modes
- Connect up to 8 TCP hosts
Moxa NPort 5100A device servers are designed to make serial devices network-ready in an instant and give your PC software direct access to serial devices from anywhere on the network. The NPort 5100A device servers are ultra lean, ruggedized, and user friendly, making simple and reliable serial to Ethernet solutions possible. Moxa NPort 5100A series saves at least 50% on power consumption compared to existing solutions on the market, helping engineers meet the tough environmental compliance challenges found in todayﾒs industrial environments.
The NPort 5100A web console guides users through 3 simple configuration steps that are necessary to activate the serial-to-Ethernet application. NPort 5100A device servers support SNMP, which can be used to monitor all units over Ethernet. Each unit can be configured to send trap messages automatically to the SNMP manager when user-defined errors are encountered. For users who do not use SNMP manager, an e-mail alert can be sent instead. Users can define the trigger for the alerts using Moxa Windows utility, or the web console. For example, alerts can be triggered by a warm start, a cold start, or a password change.